Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 15: Master Task List

Todays assignment is to make a master task list of all the chores which need to be done to have a smooth running house.. When I started the Challenge, I didn't remember how 'house' dependant the first couple of sections are. However, I wasn't planning on moving last time and so it probably didn't even phase me at all. I will do a master task list based on the home I have now but again, realizing I will have to revisit this when I move. (Making a note now to revisit this two weeks after moving in.)

I don't know how much will change (other than the fact I will have my own bathroom to clean) but I know there will be some! For example, we don't have carpet in our living room now, we have hard wood floors. We will have carpeting in the new living room. We don't have a separate dining room here but will in the new place. Same with a utility room. Another change will be the dishwasher we will have after the move (yeah!).

The master task list is to be written very specifically. No "Clean the kitchen floor" instead it will be Sweep kitchen floor, mop kitchen floor, wax kitchen floor, etc. Tomorrows assignment (yes, I peeked) is to assign frequency to each job.

No comments: